Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Presidents Cup, Gainesville, VA

Saturday was cloudy and humid. Despite the gloomy weather, I was both excited and anxious about the first golf game I was about to watch, Live. Excited because I get to see, in person, great players like Tiger Woods and Vijay Singh; anxious because I did not know what to expect - would it be better if I just watch the game on TV??

It was $70 freaking well spent.

Not only did I get to witness live version, and actually, a complete golf game (usually I just watch bits and pieces), I actually got to stand three feet away from the top two players in the world! Sadly they also happened to be the only players I know in the golf world. However, I'm definitely going to give credit to the other two players, Jim Furyk and Stuart Appleby, who played a great game and served as new additions to the few professional golfers I know.

Highlight of the game? Tiger's wife, Elin (Woods) Nordegren. Well, almost. The best parts were watching the players smack the ball towards the audience (and hit someone, thanks to Tiger), shoot from the bunkers/roughs, yet make a birdie, and sweep the balls to the green with incredible back-spins. Not to mention, I was on TV!!! If you turn on your TV to NBC and watch golf highlights, you might catch a split glimpse of the only three Asians in the crowd, Willie, Sumod, and I!

The Presidents Cup, by the way, is held once every two years, and is a game which United States play against the rest of the world. Fortuntely for the US, they won today's games (and hopefully the rest on Sunday) after a big tie ("all sqaure") in 2003.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?