Sunday, August 29, 2004

Time seemed to be moving in slow motion for the last two weeks. People came visited and went. I tried my best to be a good tour guide, driver, photographer, hotel manager, and event planner. I was constantly in state of perspiration, exhaustion, or hunger. I think I have only been sleeping an average of six hours a day. Somehow I managed to get up to go to work after talking to someone on the phone till 3am. But no doubt, those were the best times.

To come to think of it, I love changes. I love surprises, irregularities, or just anything crazy, even stupid that could screw me over. I love taking adventure, trying out new food, activities, and travelling to new places. I guess that's why I can adapt so quickly. However, it also lead to another sad but true fact - I get sick of things quickly too. Usually something or someone "fresh" could keep me interested for a couple weeks. If I don't develop any feelings nor attachment, or at least some kind of connection after that period, then I'm sorry to say those things are out of my life for good.

Of course there are exceptions to this "shi shin yen jo" habit - many of them. The best example I could give right now is Amy, who is an amazing person I have known for almost five months. In these five months, despite her sarcasm and ability to make me sacrifice one of the most enjoyable things in life - sleep - she has been a good friend, good listener, super fun girl, and just an awesome tour guide. Seeing her is almost like seeing Enya (I can't ever get sick of Enya unless RX9 or 3rd gen RX7 comes out), except she has already pushed Enya down my list a tad bit, maybe more. Besides, I know there is no substitute for Amy so she is the one and only.

On another note, here are some recent pictures.


Beautiful Enya at Georgetown Univ - trying to be artistic.


Not so beautiful squirrel?


After asking a push-cart lady, a cleaning dude, finally the manager "bird" me and took this picture. Why are HK people so rude?! Oh wait, I was born in HK.


Washington Monument at WWII memorial.


Like everyone else, chilling my feet in the foutain. The sign beside the fountain says "Please repect the memorial. No wading and no coins." I guess I wasn't really "wading."


If only I could add "Pittsburgh." After five years of trying to get out of there, I'll be going back again.


I look way too excited hugging that panda. Alex on the right.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?