Wednesday, August 25, 2004

My Life

*This post is incoherent, messy, meaningless, and poorly written. I can do better, but I can't because I've lost 80% of my English skills after freshman year in CMU. What I want to say is, I haven't written anything like this for a while so I might be a little rusty.

The story starts when I was at LA enjoying the sun and relaxing break with my family.

It was when I planned a schedule for myself while I'm working, to efficiently utilize my time after work. This way, I thought, I would be able to pursue my interests, exercise, and yet get enough sleep for the next day at work. For example, I used to think that I can take some cool classes after work such as swing dancing, photography, or bartending. Ideally, I could also basketball or tennis every once in a while to stay fit. I even left enough time in my schedule to practice my french cuisine skill everyday. Oh, how innocent was I!

When I first started my job, I could say fifty four times a day that work sucks, literally. It is like a blackhole that consumes time and space, leaving nothing but an ugly fear of being helpless like this for the rest of my life. Even worse, work made me dull, lose my memory, and a incredibly boring and bitter person. Dirty dishes started piling up in the sink; unread magazines gradually stacked up on my desk. I realized that I had to change, I had to adapt to the everchanging enviroment, and most importantly, I still had a dream to fulfill!

My dream. It got me thinking for a while about what I wanted to do with my life, about what is my dream. But that is another story I will tell someday.

Changing and adapting, on the other hand, I know for sure that I wouldn't have a problem doing so -- I never did. But it is always the first step that's the hardest, whether it is to know a person, to start writing a program or essay, or even to join the gym and actually go. So I bought cookbooks and started cooking again. Magazines are still stacked up in a pile, but at least it is not growing taller. Hell, I even took golf lessons and planning to take motorcycle lessons. Without noticing, it has been over a month and I'm still healthy and alive! Let's see, today I...

Worked from 9-5 (without falling asleep and only checked cnn.com twice!)
Swam for 30 min after work
Made some simple healthy dinner and watched the Olympics
Played a few minutes of guitar
Played golf
Picked up a friend from the airport
Finally updated my blog!

Basically, every weekday is earn money and stay healthy. Every weekend is partying (in the process, wasting the healthy lifestyle I built during the weekdays) and visiting (or be visited by) friends. Work is still alright, but social life is great and I feel like I have more time to do the things I would like to do.

No, I'm not boasting about my supreme adaptation skillz, nor am I showing off how efficiently I'm utilizing my time. I am just setting up the context (actually more like going on a tangent) of my REAL story, which I will leave for next time because I need to attend to my friend at the moment. =)



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?