Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Dude, where's my bed?

In my bedroom, actually.

I finally got it today, after spending endless nights trying to sleep on the air mattress (queen size, mind you), which Bryan was kindly enough to provide. It definitely was a unique experience, dreaming about flying when physically, I was actually "on air."

I am, however, still furniture-less. Because MicroStrategy was going to pay for relocation, I took the liberty to find a relatively cheap moving company to move all my furnitures from Pittsburgh to noVa. I do regret that I used this "cheap" moving company because my stuff are stuck somewhere in Illinois and Olympics Moving is taking their sweet time delivering the items that I swear to, worship upon, and live on - my computer monitor and TV. I'm actually using Amanda's computer monitor, her keyboard and mice. She gave me life, and brought color to this empty apartment. She's a real angel.

This funiture problem actually messed up my plan to visit Philly, NJ, and NYC before I start living a person-who-work-in-a-software-company's life. I had a taste of that kind of life when I was interning at Mentor Graphics last summer, and let me tell you now, it sucks. And that was when I took long lunch breaks to play a couple games of basketball, and getting to work late and getting off early. Now that I'm actually a fulltime employee and they're spending money to get me a legal status, I'm certain MicroStrategy will haul my ass.

Talking about being in legal status, I went to DMV here couple days ago and they refused to issue me a license because my I-20 had expired and I was, by definition, staying in US illegally. While not trying to get deported, I stood in line for 6 hours at the immigration office, cursing to no avail, and finally got my EAD (Employment Authorization Document), which I should have received 2 months ago. Why do I have to suffer for US Government's incompetency? So I went back to DMV and flashed my new card at them and got a Virginia license. On the way out, I waved to the police at the back of DMV - I was just happy to be "legal" again.

Anyway, enough rambling. I'm going out to watch Spideyman 2: The Return of Spiderman, or something. Anybody reading this and currently in the DC Metro area, please let me know so we can go out and grab some food or drink. I can share with you my misery of living in an empty apartment with 300 channels of cable but no TV, cable internet but no monitor.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?