Monday, August 04, 2003

No internet, no TV, not AC for the past three weeks. Days were long, and nights were freaking hot and lonely.

Well, good things come when least expected. I made some new local friends during my last weekend here at Portland and brother, life is GOOOOOD with friends. Her name is Jenny, and she took me to places that I never thought existed here, places where happiness and fun can be found. Decent bubble tea shops/restaurants, ktv, cheap bowling, pool, places to play ball, and so on...all discovered this weekend...my LAST weekend. If I have met her earlier, Portland would have been infinitely better. I wouldn't have been so bored that I went test drive cars EVERY weekend just for the hell of it. I didn't need to go to Barnes&Noble every night to kill time, so bored that I started reading books about Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon. Oh well, I'm over it, and I got my hookups now =) Thank you Jenny. Jenny's mad cool!

Funny how we met. So I have a friend here at work, and last Friday he took me to this chinese restaurant for lunch. The owner is Taiwanese, and a lady there started chatting with me because we're all from Taiwan and all...I told her about the Baskin Robins story and she said she knows them -- small Taiwanese community here. "So how old are you?" This question popped up out of the blue. "Uh..I'm 22..." I wasn't sure where it was going. Then she said "Oh that's perfect~ Let me introduce a girl friend (or girlfriend?) to you! Here's her phone #" and she told David, Jenny's little brother who was also working at the restaurant, to give me her phone #. When I got back to work, I had a name and a number and bored out of my mind, so I gave her a call and chatted. Chilled with her after work and throughout the weekend...also met her cools friends + more hookups, all the way from Portland to Vancouver...haha...



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?