Thursday, February 27, 2003

While cruising on Bigelow Blvd (highway 380) at 60mph, I saw a big, deep hole on the road ahead of me. So big and so fast that I couldn't dodge it in time. BANG!! My right front wheel blew up. My poor Jetta limped back to my garage...I could still see hot air sizzling out of my tire into the cold air, creating a light mist. Afterwards I did the most productive thing today: change my tire!

It took me 45min to figure out how to use the VW jack. Because I have a subwoofer in my trunk, getting my spare tire out was a pain. It took me another 45min to get the spare tire out, breaking some wires to my amplifier and two finger nails during the process. Check out the shape of my old wheel.



Now my car is probably the ugliest Jetta on the road. My antenna broke off...I asked the dealer and it will cost $300 to fix it, so screw it...not like I use it anyway. My two side mirrors both have a broken plastic pieces hanging in mid-air. You can hear the sound of them banging against the mirrors if you close the doors hard enough. And the following is just hideous:



Conclusion: Don't ever get a good car in Pittsburgh. I've recently noticed a lot of new holes AND bumps on the road that could be devastating to cars. I really hope I won't be here this summer.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?