Sunday, January 12, 2003

Time now is 11:49pm, 12/11. It is -10 Celcius here. I'm back at Pittsburgh...I haven't exactly been looking forward to this day. Looking out the window from my room, I only see a stretch emptiness in the Mellon Arena parking lot. My desk is covered with bills and a rejection letter from UPitt (they rejected my registration of one of their business classes...wtf). Dude, this place sucks!

I had a 4 hour layover at Tokyo airport, and another 4 hour at Chicago airport. I think they are the loneliest moments of my life. The saddest thing is that I'm used to it already. I've been flying like this since I came to college...now I think I'm too old to travel like this...yes I'm 21!! I saw the funkiest thing at the Chicago airport though. While going through customs, I saw this little, mexican-looking girl, about 8 years old, lying on the floor between the lines, sleeping. After a couple of minutes, her mom came out of the line in front of me, picked up the little girl, dropped her two feet in front of where she was lying down, and went back to the line. Her mom did that twice. When they (the rest of the family) finally reached the customs officer, her mom finally woke her up and walked together to the counter. So I was trying to figure out the logic behind this "sleeping on the floor in the middle of an airport" business, and I concluded that the little girl was drunk. Maybe I was too...because I was so tired that went and lined up under "Residents & Citizens" holding my Visa and I-20. That was weird....

On the small plane leaving Chicago, I looked out the window at myriads of city lights. They look so organized...so symetric...so pretty. Yeah, I was drunk...dead tired. So I slept on the two hours to Pittsburgh and now I think I'm having problems sleeping. On the way back to my apartment from the airport, I shared a cab with a Carnegie Mellong Philosophy professor. He's from southern California, and believe it or not, he said he LOVES Pittsburgh. It's not hard to believe, but I know I will never be able to feel that love. I'm still waiting to graduate!! 3 semesters left!!!

I miss Taiwan already. I miss the food. I miss friends & family, especially some people that I just met not over two weeks ago. Man! At least another 4 months until I go back again! ARGH!



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?