Thursday, November 21, 2002

Thank you Lord for giving me so much work!


I went to Taft Alumni reception tonite. The new headmaster (used to be my old English teacher) asked me how CMU has been treating me. I wanted to tell him that cmu hasn't been treating me nicely at all. I want to yell out to him "I CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF HERE," with passion. But instead I uttered a whimpy "it's ok...." But he was right, Taft did prepare me for this kind of crap that i'm getting right now. I can't imagine how anybody who didn't go to a hardcore high school be prepared for cmu insanely massive workload (i guess i'm talking about ece/cs major...?). Like bigT said, it's not like we're dumbasses, it's just that cmu is "gay" like this.


Yeah tonite brought back lots of memory from high school, good and bad. Even the place where the reception took place reminded me of Taft! But sometimes i think it wasn't worth going to Taft. I mean, TAS is almost as good, and most importantly I think i can get into CMU from TAS. Imagine what high school life would be like in Taipei! Probably fail out of school....and end up in UC Irvine. Even BETTA! Damn it...But seriously, Taft did give me an early taste of living alone, taking care of myself and being independent, so i guess i'm grateful that i went to Taft.


Anyway, i've been raped by work these days....professors love to have everything due either 1) right before Thanksgiving break or 2) right after Thanksgiving break. assuming we're not going to do any work during Thanksgiving break, we don't have much of a choice but finish everything before we leave for Turkey Day. And this semester I happen to have no finals, BUT i have 2 exams on the wed after break. So that makes 3 projects and 2 exams due right after break, and i do mean RIGHT after break. -_-


what more can i ask?



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?